"H.R. 1018 is the 'Restore Our American Mustangs Act.' It can fairly be described as a welfare program for horses. Believe it or not--this isn't satire--here is what the bill will do:
[T]he 'Restore Our American Mustangs Act' ... would create a new $700 million welfare program for wild horses. The program:
* Conducts a horse census every two years
* Provides 'enhanced contraception' and birth control for horses
* Establishes an additional 19 million acres of public and private land for wild horses
* Covers $5 million tab to repair horse damage to land
* Mandates that government bureaucrats perform home inspections before Americans can adopt horses
'Enhanced contraception' for horses? Maybe I'm out of touch, but I didn't realize that wild horses use contraception at all...
And this is one of the smaller examples of liberalism run amok. There should be a TV sitcom about these sorts of incredible stories. Oh, there is one, the news.