Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Young British woman has all her teeth extracted because she couldn't find a dentist

This is the type of story you see frequently in the British press, as well as in other countries with Obama style national health care. A 21 year old woman had such a bad case of untreated gum disease due to lack of access to a national health care dentist, that all of her teeth had to be removed.

And this is only one of many examples,

"More shocking still was the story of local resident Valerie Holsworth. Her inability to access NHS dental care since the year 2000 had forced her to resort to excruciatingly painful DIY dentistry.

Valerie described how, using a pair of her husband's pliers, she wrenched out seven teeth.

'I have a gum disease for which I take painkillers,' says the 68-year-old great-grandmother. But when the tooth becomes agonising I have to take it out myself. I take a good mouthful of whisky before I get started to keep it sterilised.

'Then it is just a matter of tugging and wiggling until the root comes loose. I then just throw the tooth in the bin.' "

And we're heading toward this sort of dark ages level of medical care. "Change we can believe in!"

No comments: